How do I show the answer to a question on this page? Click the question - try it now!

You’ve got it.

How long do I have to wait to get a divorce?

You must wait two years from the date you separated.

Should I make a house purchase subject to a LIM report?

Yes, it could show future compliance issues for the property. For more information on LIM reports click here.

How do I get a copy of my Birth Certificate?

Birth Certificates (and Marriage Certificates and Death Certificates) are available from the Department of Internal Affairs. You can apply over the phone, online or by post.

Can I use Kiwisaver to help me buy a house?

If you’ve been a member of KiwiSaver for 3 years you may be able to withdraw some of your KiwiSaver savings to put towards purchasing your first home. There are rules around this so we can assess your eligbility for you and assist you with your application. Click here to find out more.